Sears and the third party delivery that they are using, have been a horror story for me and my wife as well.Purchased a Sealy Granite Bay Ti2 mattress Jan 2014, which began breaking down within a few months.
Made our initial warranty claim in the fall of 2014, which turned into multiply claims (cancelled/changed by the warranty dept. in Round Rock TX). Finally over a year later and 2 BBB complaints, we finally got results and "upgraded" to a Serta Icomfort EFX, that was delivered today. Once the "new" mattress was removed from the plastic and set on our existing bed foundation, we noticed the entire foot end stained and dirty (through sealed plastic).
We brought it to the delivery guys' attention and he took pictures on his phone, told us that Sears would contact us and either credit some or order a new mattress. He also stated that normally if they see stains on mattresses prior to getting them to the customers home, they will bleach pen and attempt to remove them or doctor them up. With the history of dealing with Sears I decided to go ahead and call them myself instead of waiting to maybe get a call. First number I attempted was the 800 number on the mattress pages of Sears.com.
Got a rep from (India) I would guess by the fast hard to understand English, who could not pull up the order by any of the receipt info or my info, and after multiple attempts on my part of attempting to explain how the purchase originated to her inability to comprehend I requested her supervisor to which she refused to transfer me. After I told her that I would be calling my credit card issuer (Citi Bank backs the Sears MC) and requesting a complete charge back, she finally offered another 800 number for me to call. I called and the rep there first offered me Sears Points if I agreed to keep the mattress "as is". Having have problems with the points in the past I was reluctant to take that offer, she then offered a $400 gift card for me to keep the mattress "as is", I countered that I would also want them to provide "in writing" that should this mattress fail within the warranty period that my warranty would not be voided.
Her response to this was that she would order me a new mattress. I have read complaints of stains voiding warranties, so by today's experience I do not doubt those reviews. I also informed the rep of what the delivery guys had told me about bleaching and covering up stains and that this seemed deceptive and unethical, she really seemed to not care about that.
I am moving away from doing business with Sears for many reasons other than just this mattress, and advise anyone considering any item with a warranty or that can easily be damaged in delivery to be very careful about dealing with them.I do not have an account at pissed consumer, I may set one up later my name is Ron.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- We are terribly distresses by our first new mattress purchase
What I disliked
- Foriegn customer service
- Abusing customer service
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Product or service
- Serta Icomfort King Size Mattress
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I took my electric Craftsman mower into the service center to be repaired. It was only 18 months old and was under a 2 year parts and labor warranty. I..."
- "My parents purchased a Kenmore Elite dishwasher for me last Christmas. A couple of weeks ago a small rubber fitting blew out. I called 1-888-Kenmore to see about..."
- "I purchased a new Dunkirk boiler from Sears in October of 2010 and paid $4611. I bought an electronic pilot boiler but they sent and installed a standing ignition boiler...."
- "We bought a kitten a couple of weeks ago from PetsMart at 2242 Hwy K in O'fallon, Missouri, where Banfield also offers veterinary services. Recently we nearly paid $40 for..."
- "I moved to my home in February 2015. The previous owner had DISH, but we went with Time Warner for cable, internet and phone. In the front yard..."
- "Thankful I joined the business for free. But after having done so, nothing could be sold, at all. It was EXTREMELY expensive for the product it was, and now..."
- "Harry and David has gone down hill and I will never order from them again. I recently d a box of "Royal Riviera Pears". These are NOT the Royal Riviera..."
- "I have so far NOT rec'd 5 items. They wont refund, cause it shows it made it to my town 1 item didnt fit description 1 item is broken I..."
- "I purchased an UP3 and about 3 months later, the band is already breaking. I emailed Jawbone support about the issue and wanted to understand why it would break so..."