1.9
Ease of Use

Unethical and probably illegal.

I bought a through-the-wall air conditioner yesterday at 10am. It was boxed and had strapping around the box. When I got home I removed the old Kenmore air conditioner that wasn't working (we bought an old house, not sure even how old it was) I saw it was double the BTU's of the one I just bought. I called the store multiple times and never got a human to answer. I kept getting transferred to the department then disconnected. So I took the unit, still in its original box with factory strapping, back to the store.

I had read all of the paperwork that came with the purchase and nowhere was there a return restriction, and I was looking to exchange it anyway. The clerk in the loading dock immediately told me they don't accept air conditioner returns. After waiting for his manager, who saw it hadn't been touched, she took it in and gave me a returned ticked. I had to go to the department for the return/exchange.

Everyone gave me the exact same story about not accepting returns on air conditioners. It was now 7 o'clock on a Saturday evening and of course no one in authority was in the store.

LONG story short ... after having a bit of a stubborn fit and insisting, I was able to make the exchange.

Whilst ringing up the exchange I noticed the posted return policy on the counter next to the register. They clearly state you can return anything in the department so long as you have the original packaging and all the parts.

Unethical management at best, probably illegal at worst. Sears' "Satisfaction Guaranteed or your money back" is clearly as dead as Sears is likely to be. Sad.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Sears. The most disappointing about kenmore air conditioner from Sears was abominable customer service , but reviewer liked location. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments

their return policy says vaccines, air purifiers, air conditioners....can't be returned after opening.

whether you use it or not

but I'm glad someone lost their job just so you could return somthing. Cuz that's what happens.

do a return you weren't supposed to, lose your job.Stop *** at the poor people at the bottom of the totem pole and take it where it matters.

to Anonymous #1173990

That is not the policy that is posted on the wall and I asked 3 times to speak to a manager. If someone lost their job it was on their shoulders.

Vallejo, California, United States #1171460

Are americans really this ***?

to Anonymous #1171463