With Company response Not resolved

I purchased a Whirlpool Front Load washing machine from Sears a little more than a year ago. It began making a VERY loud sound during the spin cycle and i even noticed oily looking spots on my clothes.

I called Sears repair service and paid over $300 to get someone out to look at it. Parts were ordered and delivered to my house. I had to call and schedule another appointment once parts arrived. 2 weeks later no one shows up! I even received the call the day before to remind ME of the appointment. I called Sears and was told that it was a 2 man repair job and they only scheduled 1 person! I was so mad no one notified me as I was waiting and waiting. Then about 20 minutes later I received the automated message to call Sears.

Now I have to take more time off work from 8-12 and hope they show up. I am soooo disappointed in Sears. My old washer lasted 10 years! I WILL buy local. Understanding the phone reps was difficult and I could tell they really could care less.

Comments

i purchased a central air conditioner unit from Sears of Memphis Tn in June the men came to install it after digging awhile they said i would need a special drain for the cost of $4000 cash before the unit could be installed they showed me a little dampness at the outside edges of the duct work i had the ducts in the house which are in concrete floor in my house cleaned a year before. The cleaned and repainted never had a problem with water in my ducts the clean white ducts stayed clean and white the entire year after installing the drain and the unit i had water in my duct work only one week after installing the unit i called and they sent a man out to drain water out of the ducts he said he couldn't help with why this was happening but the person who installed the unit would contact me and see why the drain was not working also while installing the unit they loosened the pipes from the gas line and we lost an entire tank of gas had to have someone out to fix that well i called and called and no one would come check and see why the drain system ($4000 worth) was not working as to this day not a single person from sears has come out to the house to see why the drain is not working however michael miller of Memphis did tell me on the phone that the only solution now would be to tear up my floors and replace all the duct work how this will help rain water from getting in them will help by doing this i do not know and why he thinks this will fix it i do not know because NO ONE has been out to see why the drain may not be working however he insists this is the only solution and over $8,000 at least i don't know who put it in it does not say in my paper work he signed it but i can't read it there is no company name or address anywhere on paper work it all just says sears now when it rains i cannot use the brand new air conditioner because the duct work is filled with water and no air can come through i do live on a tall hill so i figure a drain could be very successful if drained off to lower area this is how i did my clothes washer to keep the soapy water out of my septic tank i don't know why they think everyone involved in this installation is perfect and did not make a mistake so they don't need to come check i do know why it will entail a lot of digging and no pay since it is their fault i do now have stained and nasty duct work again i don't know why they can't at least run a camera down into the ducts to see what is going on i am very disgusted i have called michael miller many times and no results or call backs i have called his supervisor kevin dunder many times and left message no results the only person who answers my calls is chris roberts who sold me the unit he tries to help but he can't do anything the first sales person i had was horrible when he found out i would not buy the unit the night he came he got mad and left without leaving me the paperwork he filled out, a card to call him or a single thing he took his computer and commented that he couldn't believe he came all this way from memphis and got nothing i had told him i wanted to buy windows too and he was going to set me up for that he left without saying anything about it or getting someone to call i did finally call about the windows, they came put them in and did a great job and cleaned up well was $8000 worth of windows and planned to finish the rest of the windows within a year of course i won't try that now

When I say this I mean it!! Do not wast you time with sears they take your money and do not care.

I have to take 3 days off of work to wait for them to com fix my Dishwasher Jun 14 and 20th and now July 2nd. Jun 14th guy came out and did not know what he was doing so he siad he would have to call and have another person to come and fixs it soooo for the 20th was yesterday I got a note on my door Sorry we missed you no one called me or rang my door bell I would have known my dogs would have let me know they are so loud when someone rings the door bell.

I called the 1-800 # and the guy I talked to was sooo rude he keep saing well the repair guy said he ring your door bell I told the guy not to send the same repair person i do not want that guy on my prop. 3 days off work no pay wast of time and the 1-800 # wast of time do not spend your money with thim wast of time thanks Sears for nothing

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Wendymarie:

My name is Susan and I am part of the Sears Cares Team, and I am very concerned about what I have read here. We would like to help. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please contact our office at smsupport@searshc.com so you (and others) don’t have to continue to be impacted by this. At your convenience, please send us an email. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the items was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email please provide the screen name (Wendymarie) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

I have just severed any connection I might have had with Sears. 30 years of buying appliances and using their repair service.

In the past I have had good relations with the technicians that have repaired my appliances and have found them more than competent. They may still be as good. The problem is getting one. I had an appointment to repair my washer. The Window was 1-5 PM CDT. At 4:40 I call the call center (myhome!) to find out what was happening. It was the first of many calls, all of them ending in frustration. The people who work at the call center are useless in providing information but very good at apologizing. The 100th time one hears "I apologize" makes one want to leap though the phone lines and shake them soundly. One wants help. One wants answers. Sears should put its money in service not in people who cannot help in anyway. Asked to be transferred to a supervisor and is to be put in the land of bad music and alas no connection to anyone called a supervisor. If there is such a person. And if the answer is yes, how do I apply for the job because it has to be the easiest one in the universe.

The only person who sounded like they knew anything was the representative I talked to when canceling my service agreement. And he got a little snarky when in my frustration I complained about the lack of respect Sears shows its loyal customers.

Farewell Sears, It was fun while it lasted.

WP2008

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Whirlpool. I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your Whirlpool washer.

If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via Facebook (Whirlpool) or Twitter (Whirlpoolcare). Or contact us directly via e-mail NAR_Customer_Solutions@Whirlpool.com.