With Company response

I have a service contract and was to have a part replaced on the microwave. It is a 1 piece Bosch microwave/oven. They sent out someone that didn't know Bosch and couldn't put the part in. But the kicker was that he "broke" the oven. He did something while working on the unit that disabled the oven. So he called in and talked to his supervisor to schedule someone to come out the next day to fix what he messed up. Only they never showed. After 5 hrs. of waiting I had the appt. rescheduled for 2 days later. Time will tell whether they show or not. Regardless, they sent the wrong person out to do the job and left me hanging the next day waiting uselessly.

And this is not the first time it has happened with them. I had 4 no-shows for my refrigerator problem. That took 6 appts, including the no shows, and some strong arming from the sales person to get it replaced with a new one since they couldn't fix it. And more issues with my dryer that eventually got replaced.

Bottom line is that I bought a condo full of appliances from them, got the extended warranty on everything and regret every minute of it. The sales person was and has been great but the service leaves lots to be desired.

Comments

I just sent you an email so you can contact me.

BTW, they came out today and couldn’t fix it. They are ordering parts (sensor board, probe and another thing) and told us it’d be here for a 9/7 appt.

So, not only did they break it, but they are not going to get it fixed for a month. A month that I have no oven to use through no fault of ours.

It’d be different if it broke down on its own. It just keeps piling on the issue.

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous,

My apologies for all of the difficulties and frustrations you have been encountering with your microwave and oven repair. I understand how frustrating it is to have a technician out to repair your microwave only to cause damage to your oven as well. In addition, I know that your time is valuable and our technician not showing for your scheduled service appointment is definitely not acceptable. Let me assure you that this is not the type of experience our customers should expect. Please email us your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com and we will have a Case Manager contact you to discuss this situation and see what we can do to make it right. In the email, please provide the following code that I have assigned you (CSSB134), for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Kiera J.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

Sears, in their infinite wisdom, sent out the same person that caused the damage to the oven again to fix it. That makes a lot of sense.

And even though he reported that he is not that versed with Bosch ovens and that it is a 2 man job, they assigned him to it solo.

So, regardless of what he reported and the phone calls that I have had with Sears, they still can't get organized enough to get the right people out here to fix what they broke. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!