814 US Hwy One South, Lugoff, SC 29078, USA
1.7
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Update by user Oct 31, 2017

It’s now Tuesday and I have essentially been withou refrigerator since Friday, the delivery date of the deliver “returned “ refrigerator that Sears sold me. Nothing has been done EXCEPT that the extended warranty people called me and they can’t discloses until sears does the “servicing”.

I’ve asked aboutreplacement refrigerator and they don’t know....funny, exchanges at Walmart is a lot quicker even waiting I.

Their customer service lines. How much longed does it take for Sears to deliver an exchange/return item that wasn’t working when they delivered it...the sad part was I’d that they KNEW it had issues

Original review posted by user Oct 30, 2017

last week I bought what was represented as a "new" Floor model refrigerator that a customer ordered and returned because they changed their "mind".  Its that time of year and the previous year models are getting marked down and newer models are coming out....which is why I went ahead and bought and replaced my refrigerator that was WORKING!!!!! When it was delivered I asked why the customer changed their mind and the delivery guy said because the stainless "didn't match" I found that odd.

The delivery guy set up the refrigerator and plugged it in for the refrigerator & freezer to start cooling.  Because it does take some tie for temperatures to get to optimal level, you "don't" know...you just see something done. By the end of the evening I noticed that nothing, not even the refrigerator was getting cool, we are talking around 6 hrs after delivery. I work up Saturday am and there was some coolness in the refrigerator, but nothing in the freezer.  I called Samsung because it should have manufactory warrant because its new.....Samsung wants to send a technician....By Saturday evening all the food in the freezer was going bad and there was nothing that I could do.  Sunday morning I work up and the front electrical board was flashing -2.   On the way home from church I stopped in with the sears and found out that the refrigerator that was delivered was "used" and that "they" had replaced a compressor!  I'm shocked about this as this is the first time I heard about the compressor was replaced.  The representative in the store indicated it was marked on the tag...I said no, nothing like that was marked "used" and it wasn't relayed to me by either the initial sales person nor  the delivery, but obviously they knew. Lisa gave me the extended warranty stuff to call them for Sears (not Samsung) regarding the issue....Because it was a Sears issue to replace the food loss.

I went home to do this and I called the number and the representatives claimed that they didn't have me covered for the refrigerator. I provided the rep with my receipt/sales number and while they had my microwave covered, they didn't have the refrigerator. I went back to sears on Sunday, Lisa ended up calling the number directly from the Lugoff, SC store and she had to call the warranty people from the store.  Suddenly they found the file and I was handed the phone.  The guy told me how to file claim for loss of food and scheduled a technician to come to the house 10 days out (no joke). I asked what about just replacing the refrigerator the technicians said they wouldn't do this until their technicians say they have no parts or that its not repairable.  I'm kinda pissed now.

1. I bought a "new" refrigerator, not a "used" one....it was represented that the refrigerator was an extra floor model that a customer ordered and changed their mind.  After it was installed in my house, I was told that the refrigerator was taken to the original customer's house and plugged up and it didn't cool, so they took it out the same day (didn't used).  They had Samsung (or whoever) replace the compressor (supposedly). 2. Within 24 hrs I had to call not only Samsung, but now also Sears....and I have a bad refrigerator/freezer - had to throw food away blah blah blah.

3 Representing to a customer that a refrigerator is NEW floor model, rather than either a refurbished or "used" one is FRAUD. If it was Fraud or bait and switch I don't know.....but I wouldn't have bought a "used" refrigerator....Floor Model new one yes, but not USED, let alone USED and BROKEN. I need to have Sears REPLACE the entire refrigerator.

I can't wait 10 days or for whenever Sears decides to show up, let alone Samsung.  I'm appalled that that this happened....it reminds me of a similar situation where I went to Sears asking them to change my oil and give me care a tune up.....I left there thinking the service was provided, then the car breaks down 2 days later....and had sears did the work they claimed they did....it wouldn't have broken down. - Let's just say that at that time, my Legal Officer in the USN made a few phone calls and my car ended up getting fixed....but it shouldn't have taken it.  I've pretty much avoided Sears for the most part for 30 years....and this is what I get as a 'welcome back"....NOT a good impression.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: I want it REPLACED.

Comments