I am a regular customer of Sears and I have shopped for various items over the years. Yet my last shopping experience with Sears left a very bitter taste in my mouth that makes me question going back to Sears ever again.

On November 10th, 2011 I have bought a Bosch dishwasher over the Sears website. Since I was a trusting customer, I saw a good deal and acted on it. Sears charges a delivery fee (I paid 70$ plus 10$ extra for weekend delivery) even though none of the other major appliance stores like Best Buy, Home Depot or Loews does not. Still, I thought it was worth it since Sears gives (or I thought that it did!) a seamless customer experience. My mistake!

Over the web, I have scheduled a delivery for November 18th and everything looked good. On Nov 17th, I have received a call from Sears delivery telling me that my delivery will come on next morning (Nov 18th) between 8.30 and 10 am. So I took my old dishwasher out of the counter so that it will be easier for Sears delivery guys next morning. (So naive of me!)

The time passed on Saturday morning and I waited until noon. No one came so I called delivery services. the answer I got was 'Oh sorry, we were just about to call you, too!" Really? They told me that the dishwasher that I ordered was not available due to a vendor issue so they will call me back and reschedule. They called back on Sunday and told me It could be delivered at earliest on December 3th.

I have ordered this machine on November 10th for a delivery on Nov 18th. Sears (this giant of a store) had more than a week to get the machine or at least tell me that they could not get it. But no, they called me on Nov 17th to tell me even that they will deliver my machine (that they did not even have) next morning. So now I have an old dishwasher sitting in the middle of my kitchen, 2 more weeks to wait, an a Thanksgiving which I will have wash my dishes by hands and bunch of guests that will listen how Sears deceives its customers by selling things that they do not even have or worse promise to deliver them!

I do not think I will ever buy a rag from Sears again since now I know how they do not care about their customers. I will keep posting this review about the delivery blunder all around, Yelp, your website, local outlets, you name it I will post it. So people know what to expect from Sears!

Comments