With Company response Not resolved

I brought my canister vacuum to the Schaumburg Il. repair center after seeing a You Tube video with the exact issue we were experiencing.

The video showed how to replace a switch to solve the problem but since I am recuperating I bought it in. Received a call a week later saying I need several new parts including a new wheel and wand for a total of $225. I told the rep that this 5 year old vacuum only had one issue (beater bar going on and off) and the video described how to fix it with a $20 part. He said he will ask the technician to look at it again with that information and I will receive a call back within 24 to 48 hours.

That was 8 days ago. I emailed Sears 3 days ago with no resonse.

Review about: Sears Repair.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Peterpar,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Social Media Escalations team. We would like to apologize for the manner in which your vacuum cleaner repair has been handled thus far. Our repair costs are not calculated by time on a job, but are based on pre-set job code amounts. Nevertheless, we can understand how this situation would be concerning for you, and we’d like the chance to look into this more. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Peterpar), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Brian S.

Social Media Moderator

to Sears Response Chicago, Illinois, United States #709191

So now it is two weeks since my last call from Sears when I was told someone would be back to me within 24 t0 48 hours. To add injury to insult, I responded immediately to Brian at the "Social Media Team" and have received to response.

Sears has a huge customer relations problem as well as an ineffective repair center.

I used to rely on Kenmore products but I have lost all trust in them. My goal today is to send a letter to Sears Corporate.

to peterpar Chicago, Illinois, United States #710689

Apparently the Sears Social Media Dept. ( see above response) is a ploy on the companies part to act as if they wish to resolve issues.

I responded to the reply above on Aug 27 and have sent two follow up emails and have heard NOTHING. I was at a party and was telling some friends my experience and apparently this is not uncommon.Brought my vacuum in for a basic

repair on August 13, received a call on August 16 indicating they would get back to me in 24 to 48 hours.

That was 19 days ago and I have heard nothing from the repair dept or the Social Media Group!! Tomorrow it is Better Business Bureau day for me.

SearsCares
to peterpar Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States #710926
Sears Response

Dear peterpar,

My name is Susan with Sears Social Media Support Escalations team. I am a colleague of Brian's who posted to your original comment on this site. In researching your case, I see that your Case Manager, Debra, attempted to call you on 8/29/13 but there was no answer and no voice mail to leave a message for you. She next sent an email to you giving you her contact information so you could call her back regarding your vacuum issue. We care very much about your vacuum repair issue and would like to offer Debra's assistance to help resolve it. If there is a better telephone number to reach you, please email that number to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. I'm not able to provide Debra's contact information on this public forum but I will forward your post to her and ask that she attempt to reach you by phone again and to send another email to attempt to reach you. If her email is not in your email inbox, please check your spam or other folder. Thank you for reaching out again on Pissed Consumer and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,