127 views

I called Sears (703 495-****) to have the vents in my condo cleaned. They advertise "TV Special - Up to 10 Vents Air Duct Cleaning - $99".

"You save $196"

I called the day before my appointment and 3 times on the day of my appointment (A Saturday) asking where the Technician was. The Technician never came and no one from Sears called me to say the Technician wasn't coming. On my last call to them, I was told by the Customer Service Rep that they didn't know where the Technician was and had no way to contact him since they were in the Virginia Office. I was promised that a Supervisor would call me Monday morning from the Baltimore Office.

Monday morning came and went, and no one from Sears called me.

I called them twice and was promised that the Supervisor would call me back, but no one did.

On Tuesday I called Sears again. I requested the following Saturday, but was told they were booked solid, so I scheduled Friday afternoon and took off from work. I also requested that the Supervisor call me from the Baltimore office, but I wanted to the speak the Supervisor in the Virginia Office. I was transferred to a recording.

I left my name and number, but never received a phone call back from either the Baltimore office or the Virginia office.

I found on the internet an email address (searscares@***.com) letting them what occurred and how no one has called me back. I NEVER heard back from them.

On Thursday, I called again to verify my Friday appointment since I took off from work.

I was told that I was scheduled for Friday. Then I told the Customer Service Rep that I still had not received a phone call from a Supervisor from their office or the Baltimore office. The Customer Service Rep said he would transfer me to the Sear Corporate Office to voice my complaint.

The first person said they would get me someone to talk to and transferred me again. The second person I spoke to said they were not the right person to talk to and said she would transfer me to someone else. The second person transfer back to the Virginia Customer Service line 703 495-****.

On Friday, the Technician doesn't show up (Again) and doesn't call.

I called Customer Service again and they promised they would reach out to the Baltimore office and have them call me back.

A Technician does call me back, but says he is tied up and will be out on Saturday Morning. What doesn't make sense is that I was told they were booked solid on Saturday morning and I took off from work to be home on Friday.

Now I am being told they are available.

On Saturday morning the Technician arrives. He said he needed to inspect my furnace. I told him the furnace was only a year old, but they he could inspect. He comes back to a few minutes later to say that the blower fan and coils are dirty and they too needed to be cleaned.

They he pulls out a sheet of paper and checks off a series of boxes then writes down a total of $914.00

I tell the Technician that I didn't want my furnace cleaned and that I just wanted the vents cleaned for $99.00. He tells me that his Supervisor would not let him just clean the vents, that I would have to go with the package deal of $914.00

No where on the internet and no one from customer service ever said that a package deal would have to be purchased and that $99.00 was ONLY for the vent portion of the deal.

So after being missed twice and never receiving a phone call from a Supervisor (that I promised numerous times) ….I never got the product that I thought I was getting.

THIS IS A BIG SCAM!!!!

SEARS BAITS YOU FOR $99 THEN SWITCH YOU TO A HIGHER PRICE THINKING THAT I WOULD AGREE SINCE THE TECHNICIAN WAS ALREADY IN MY HOME. I SPOKE TO SEVERAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVES AND NOT ONE OF THEM TOLD ME THAT I HAD TO BUY A PACKAGE DEAL, AND IT DOESN'T MENTION THIS ON THEIR WEB PAGE.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

#1966224

SEARS VENT CLEANING -----DO NOT FALL FOR THIS CRAP. They always say they need to see furnace and come back and say something is wrong and the price climbs. Biggest *** bags liars!

Sears Reviews