2.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I encountered a very frustrating experience at the Casper Wy store today, so I can see why Sears is struggling to keep their doors open. I live in Wheatland Wy, 110 miles from a Sears store and purchased a pair of shoes for my granddaughter.

Unbeknowst to me, the theft proof device was not removed at the time of purchase, yet I mailed the shoes to her in Lewistown Mt. The closest Sears store is over a 2 hour drive for them so rather than mail the shoes back to me, then make a 110 mile trip to Casper, I asked her to wait and and I would pick them up from her on our next trip there. Today when I went to Sears to get a refund (I just gave her money rather than mailing the shoes once again) and I was told that there is a 45 day return window. I could not get a refund.

The fact of the matter is that I could not get a refund DUE TO A STORE CLERK ERROR! I am so upset, frustrated, and mad that the store clerk error cost me $26.99 and now I am stuck with a pair of shoes. I realize that store policies are in place for a reason, but this whole problem was due to a store clerk error where the clerk was too busy worrying about his texting than to focus on doing his job correctly. Where is common sense and the policy about the customer being right?

I even argued that I could buy a garment, wear it and return it for a full refund if I had done it within 45 days. The manager acknowledged that was correct.

I know people who do that, yet these shoes were in perfect unused condition and my request was denied. Any store that has that kind of policy does not deserve my business.

A very unsatisfied ex-customer

Product or Service Mentioned: Shoes.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Lack of common sense and courtesy to solve the problem.

Comments