With Company response Not resolved
2.0

I bought a wrongly advertised queen mattress.It was advertised to be firm and was delivered so soft one could fall through it.

I sought to exchange it with a more expensive mattress and was told I had to wait 30-days. I thought this was crazy so I returned the original mattress. Can you imagine Sears not doing an immediate exchange for more money? After the return I was not fully refunded.

I have requested a full refund I think 4 times and have been promised each time the refund in a given time period.

Sears has not followed through on any of those promises and left me frustrated.I am now seeking what options I have to take some type of legal action against them.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hi There--

We're disappointed to hear about the lack of customer service you've experienced.Purchasing a new mattress should be an exciting time and it sounds like we failed to make that happen.

We would love to help!Please reach out to us on one of our social channels so we can get you the assistance you need:

• Sears Facebook: http://on.fb.me/18CwSqp

• Sears Twitter: http://bit.ly/1BK1jbL

Both channels are moderated M-F from 8a-8p CT, Sat-Sun from 8a-6p CT to happily assist our members with any issues they may have!

Seattle, Washington, United States #900114

If the amount they refused to refund was less than $40, you might try small claims court -- the filing fee in Washington is less than that, and most corporations, even well-run ones, don't show up in court, resulting in a default judgment. Many corporations don't pay those any more than they pay refunds they don't want to, but it gives you traction for a later court action to seize property to make up what they owe you.