In November 2017 i needed my refrigerator repaired.Needed to wait over a week for it to be repaired.

Part had to be ordered, unacceptable. When repaired was completed i was offered your warranty program which I agreed to submit. Plan # 10056640. In january 2018 my water heater began to over heat.

Top valve was releasing steam and water. I called and placed a repair order with Sears. They sent a company by the name of A-Star (732.222.7146). The service man said that I needed to replace the valve which I said OK.

He then stated that if the valve did not resolve the problem I would need an expansion tank. I asked him why I would need an expansion tank since the heater never needed one and if the valve did not work doesn't it mean that something is with the thermostat. He immediately began to get very argumentative and would not give me an answer at which point he threw up his hands and said "I can't deal with this, call another company" and left. I called Sears and told them what happened and the scheduled another company, C & A Plumbing (732.303.0759).

I spoke with them and they stated that they will call me on monday morning with a time and date to service, This was on Friday. Monday morning not hearing from them i called back C & A to find out that they said Sears had cancelled the apptmt. Called Sears and they said they did not cancel A & C cancelled. I called back Sears out which time they gave me two other companies to call: Dean Morris Heater 732.367.2344 who stated that they cannot service me because of a death in their family and that they had notified Sears that they were not handling service at this time.

They were annoyed that Sears gave out their number. Also Quality Heating at 848. 992. 3673 who stated that i was to far away for them to service me and that Sears should no better then to give out his number for service when i was so far away.

This did not end here. I spoke with a number of agents from Sears for over an hour and a half without satisfaction.

So I ended my warranty.Very unsatisfied customer.

Review about: C And A Plumbing Water Heater Repair.

Comments

h.kitchener

Check with friends and neighbors and call a local plumber with good references.Tell the plumber of your choice the symptoms, etc.

and he can probably get a good idea of what the problem is and whether you should get it repaired or junk it and put a new one in.Depending on how old the water heater is, you might want to just buy a new one.