With Company response

The manual says:

Limited Lifetime Warranty on Stainless Steel Drum: For the lifetime of the washer from the date of purchase, Sears will replace the Stainless Steel wash drum due to defective material or workmanship. After the first year, you will be charged for labor.

This is a completely meaningless warranty. Sears will not replace the part - They will send a Technician out to do it for $750. A new improved machine is available today for $598.

Some people got a service rep that felt companies should honor warranties, but the ruling is entirely up to the service rep you get. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/washer-repair/5Q9ZgwmnuM8

Comments

Piscataway Township, New Jersey, United States #768677

I would like to know how you sleep at night, Brian.I am sure you KNOW what is going on behind the scenes and you are still promising people resolutions for their mistreatment and loss of funds.

Don't give people false hope, Brian.

You know you will never be able to do anything of them.:sigh

SearsCares
Sears Response

Hi Anonymous461042,

Thank you for taking time to post about what you have experienced regarding your washer repair, from your post we can see how this has become disheartening for you. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. I am reaching out to you to offer our assistance. We would like to put you in contact with a case manager to look further into the matter and work closely with our repair business partners. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name I have assigned (anonymous461042), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. We apologize for all that you have experienced and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Brian R.

Social Media Moderator

Sears Social Media Support

to Sears Response San Jose, California, United States #754054

Whatever Brian. From all the complaints here and on face book, Sears is out to scam people. I will not shop at Sears.