2.0

What a joke.Sears use to be the place to buy all your appliances.

I went to Sears only because I have had their products in the past. Well the "manager" in store was at a loss about Natural Gas and having to change it to Propane. Also insisted I find out if I had a 3 prong or 4 prong plug on the old dryer. I said I am sure it is a 3 prong.

Well turns out this is something for an electric only dryer. It gets worse after delivery. We ordered on Aug. 25, delivered it on Sat.

Sept. 5th, 2015. I have to say the delivery men were great and very helpful. Asked if we had the LP conversion kit?

No turns out the store "manager" had not ordered one. They also told us a Tech from Sears had to install it. Advised me to call the store. The store "manager" asked me to refresh her memory as to when I was in the store.

She really didn't seem to know what I was calling about. The driver took the phone and tried to tell her what she had done wrong and she hung up on him. So being a very nice guy he gave us a number to call. Said he might loose his job over that.

Anyway after calling Sears Tech got transferred to some other country then this person transfers to another number saying these persons will have the answer for you. The person we were transferred to was the store where we bought the set. Very Rude both the manager and her side kick. Until we started saying we were putting in a claim.

Because it being a Holiday weekend they would not get back to us until Tues. I ended up calling again. Now it seems that they must have gotten a call from someone higher up as the "manager" said she would order the part and have it shipped over night express. Then I could find a "tech" to install it.

It seems Sears do not have them. According to this person. I said NO I won't. So now she is going to call me back.

When I got the call back she had found a retired man who would do it for 50 dollars and she was paying for it plus the kit. But she also said she wasn't going to be able to over night the kit. I should get it Tuesday and then I was to call the Tech to come out and install it. I am taking care of two 83 year old parents.

I haven't had a washer and dryer now for over 17 days. Oh I have them but not able to use the dryer and won't touch the washer as they may end up going back. And to think it will be another 4 days before I get the kit IF I get it on Tuesday.

And after reading all these complaints I am so sorry I went to Sears and now all my family and friends are going to be aware of how GREAT it is NOT to get something from you.So so Sorry I went to Sears.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of sales people after sale and blowing off issues. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of sears claim and associated monetary loss in the amount of $350. Sears needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sears claim in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.

Comments

Finally got this resolved but the washer sounds louder than the 26 year old one I was replacing. Bet these don't hold up as long. Never will buy appliance from Sears.

I had a GREAT experience with Sears in Oshkosh.The manager and staff were happy to answer all my questions and concerns and I ended up buying my washer dryer and dishwasher there.

I'm going back to buy a fridge next.

I've had people like you come into the business I work for.... how can you expect someone to remember you out of all their other customers?! And it sounds to me that you expected the manager to read your mind and know about what kind of set up you have at home.

Let's not forget that people are people and I'm sure YOU don't know everything yourself.

I will be returning to Sears.They gave me great service, great prices, and great products.