Purchased a washer/dryer laundry unit from Sears from a salesperson who was wonderful. Delivery was a nightmare.

They showed up at the time expected yesterday, brought the unit in, and within ten minutes told me they couldn't do the installation because there was a a part I needed to get. What? Yes, really -- they told me I had to go to the hardware store for the part myself, and reschedule for the next day! Badly in need of a washer/dryer, I consented to this.

They promised me they would be here at 7:30 a.m. the next day, and I even stood there as they called and put me on the list for 7:30 a.m. -- as I'd told them that I had to be somewhere at 9:30 and absolutely could not cancel it, that I'd not be available until after 12:30 if it were to be an afternoon delivery. They left the unit in the middle of my dining room.

Last night, I received an automated call telling me that delivery time for today is between 10:45-12:15. I spent 30 minutes on the phone talking to individuals who attempted to soothe and apologize as they told me there was nothing they could do about it. I asked to speak to a manager, and after being on hold for fifteen minutes, I believe it was the same person who picked up my call and, I got the same results. My brother called and got the same responses from them.

I called a second time -- another wasted half hour.

So...here I sit with the washer/dryer unit in the dining room. Disgusted, will never do business with Sears again and will spend tomorrow at the laundromat.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Sales person.

I didn't like: This delivery nightmare.

Comments