Complaint sent to Sears below.

To whom it may concern:

My parents purchased a washer & dryer for me as a house warming present for my first home. You would think that this would be a good thing; however, I have had nothing but issues with this washer purchased from your Lake Charles, LA (70601) store. This product is less than a year old and has an extended warranty. However, despite numerous service visits to my house, numerous calls to the Sears warranty number, speaking with basically every department, spending hours on the phone, replacing parts, having four service calls, missing time at work, the service team scratching wall and me cleaning up after the service staff including disposal of my own outer drum, my washer now sounds like a freaking rock tumbler and is peeling the plastic off of one of the drums causing plastic to be washed with my business attire and increasing the potential for damage to my clothes not to mention it smells like burning plastic. How can I get a resolution to an issue that was incurred at no fault of my own without having to continue to leave my place of work in order to have the lemon of a product that my parents were sold evaluated?!?!?

See further details below. I will be posting this on message boards and every complaint department I can find until a resolution is reached.

Purchased Washer with extended warranty 8/30/14. Small leaks were noticed but thought the problem would go away. Problem only got worse.

Washer Repair Visits

Prior to 3/26/15 - Leaking Washer

3/26/15– Diagnosis of what was thought to be a leaking gasket.

4/2/15– Returned to replace gasket and discovered that there were holes in the outer drum. Ordered replacement drum and replaced gasket.

4/14/15 – Returned to replace drum but could not remove a bolt that had to be removed in order to replace. All Sears said was that the bolt had to come off. Discontinued use of washer.

4/22/15 – Brought another tech for assistance. Finally removed bolt and replaced drum.

After 4/22/15 – Washing machine sounds like a rock tumbler. Outer drum grinding against inner drum causing shavings of plastic to fall into clothes. Discontinued use of washer again.

5/14/15 – Contacted Sears Warranty service again, and they scheduled yet another appointment for assessment of the washer due to the peeling off of plastic shavings in my clothes and a new burnt plastic smell.

• Wall scratched due to multiple visits and the leaning of the washer against the wall of my laundry room.

This reviewer shared experience about "poor warranty service, bad quality and defective item" and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Sears. The most disappointing about sears cleaning service from Sears was response to the issue and product defective Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Sears.

Comments