With Company response

Purchased a $2000 Whirlpool Gold side-by-side fridge. Most terrible experience I ever had with appliances.

We purchased the item and expected delivery 10 days later as scheduled. Sears delivery didn't show up. Once we called they told us the delivery and sale was canceled because the item was sold by the sales person for the wrong amount (less). We didn't know and it would have been nice to know so we don't wait around all day.

At that point we were without fridge for 11 days... Once calling the store manager he helped us out and tried to fix the issue and we ended up paying the difference. He helped with arranging delivery. So far so good...

Today we were supposed to receive delivery but 30 min before we get a call from a the Sears Home Delivery folks telling us the delivery was canceled because there was a sign at our road that stated no big trucks should drive on this road and their truck was a big truck. Well, we checked and there was no sign anytime in the day. they lied to get out of a delivery appointment. We waisted an entire day waiting around.

When we called the service department to tell them there is no sign they told us we were wrong... So I went and made a picture... They didn't care. Finally they told us we won't get the same driver and he will be out tomorrow (next day) to deliver.

1hr later we get an automated call telling us the deliver was moved out for another week. I feel like we are being held hostage. They took our money. We need a Fridge...

it is summer and we don't have one since the old one died and they are playing games with us. I am so disgusted with Sears. I tried to call the service department and ask for the manager. They transferred me and after 30 min they hang up on me.

So I called again and they transferred me again and came back once to tell me to hold on and then after 30 min again hanged up on me. It seems to be their policy not letting you talk to a manager. I have bought all small and big appliances at Sears for the last 17 years. Not anymore.

If i would treat my customer this way I would be out of business. Remember the problem is in the delivery and service. The sale was in the store was fine. Nice people but it appears they employ a group of no-good people in the home delivery division who are so unprofessional that it is pathetic.

Worst experience ever. One more loyal customer gone.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Anonymous,

I can completely understand your disappointment and frustration with your refrigerator delivery. My name is Brian H. with the Sears Cares team and if I'm putting myself in your shoes, I wouldn't blame you for being upset. We'd like to look further into this situation for you and help in any way we can to make sure your delivery is completed to your satisfaction. If you could please email SMAdvisor@searshc.com with a phone number we can use to contact you, as well as the number used to purchase the refrigerator, we will have a case manager call you directly. Also, please be sure to include this screen name I've created (RefrigeratorDelivery) in your email so we can reference your issue. Again, we apologize and we hope to hear from you soon.

Brian H.