With Company response Not resolved

Mine is a long story starting the purchase of over $10,000 of new appliances for a kitchen remodel. Out of 3 pieces purchased, 1 had to be replaced and 1 serviced within the first month.

When I called to express my concern and ask that they extend the warranty - I had to go thru a slew of people becasue of course no one could "authorize that", but for $$ I could do just that. finally, I got someone who could extend the warranties 6 months - ok, I wanted a year, but I can compromise. that same year, we purchased a gazebo, upon delivery, the delivery person told us to watch the price on the computer, if it goes down within 30 days, we would be refunded the difference. Well, we got a email with a price reduction on day 29 - while I admit, I did not call immediately - it really should not matter - the price went down and I had the date it was reduced - again, I call - having to speak with multiple people - the first telling me the policy is 2 weeks, but since the delievery guy had said 30 days, the would have honored it if I had called immediately.

We are talking here about $100. Something I think should have been done without question considering the amount of money we had spent recently - The customer service person argued with me for over an hour ( i was extremely calm, and at no time nasty). So, after this, I say I am done with Sears - and cut up my credit card. Well, I did not think to call Master charge and actually cancel the account, so a new card comes and I call to cancel it.

When I finally get a real person on the phone, she asked why I am cancelling - I say "let's just say, poor overall customer service" - she then proceeds to tell me "you don't need to have an attitude", I asked immediately for her supervisor, who was extremely professional - but at this point, no one could have convinced me to ever deal with sears again. I tell everyone this story.

Things would have been just fine if you had honored your word given me the $100 price difference. In the end it has cost you a lot more than that.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

To Sdp81,

I want to apologize for the disappointment you have experienced with us as a company. My name is Kiera and I’m part of the Social Media Support Team with Sears and we would like to address your concerns with your warranties and your price match for your gazebo. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and we will contact you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Sdp81) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Kiera J.