9 E Valley Mall Blvd, Union Gap, WA 98903, USA

I purchased an air conditioner on Friday night. The helpful sales associate told us that if the unit was too deep- which we were concerned about - we would be able to return it as long as we had our receipt and it was uninstalled.

Sunday afternoon, we go to return it and we are told there is a 15% restocking fee - I said we were never told that we would be charged for our return at the time of inquiring about returning it. I spoke with the manager and he (Tito - manager yakima wa) said well I have no way of knowing what you were or weren't told so that's the policy and it stands. I said I deliberately spoke with the sales associate about returning - he said sorry no way I can know that. I said he's here - let's ask him - he said it is the policy.

I said so you are not going to stand by what your representative said to us and he said nope I stand only by the policy. As far as I can see customer service does not exist in this store and unless this changes they have no hopes of surviving.

Other retailers stand with not against their customers - best buy, lowes and home depot operate in ways that make you want to come back. My friends and family will be helping to nail the coffin that was once Sears and Roebuck.

Review about: Sears Manager.

I didn't like: Refusal to fix the problem and lack of caring.

Comments

Was told by corporate that I would be receiving a call from a manager seeking to remedy the situation. Never received a call - obvious that the store is quickly on it's way out. Buyer beware and avoid buying from Sears if at all possible.