Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I recently went to our local Sears store (February) and purchased all new kitchen appliance ($8000 worth). I walked through the store with the associate and picked out all of the appliances as she wrote them down on a piece of paper. We paid for the appliances and asked that they be delivered to our garage as we are doing a remodel. They were delivered in March. The numbers on the boxes all matched the numbers on the receipts so I thought everything was fine. All of the appliances are still in the sealed boxes. I noticed today that the box for the "double" oven was small. After looking online and then opening the top of the box we realized it was a "single" oven instead of the double. The associate typed in the wrong number. It was off by one number. (ok I understand that people make mistakes). My husband and I went to the store to try and get an exchange done for the larger (more expensive) oven....this is where it gets riduculous!!! The store managers and the associates admit that she made a mistake and typed in the wrong number. If they could we would have made the exchange for the larger oven tonight. I would have paid the difference and we would have moved on... So Sears has a 30 day return policy...which I didn't know because it is no where on any of the paper work I was given. It is in very small print on the side of the register. No one told me this at the time of purchase.

I spent an hour an a half in the store waiting while the managers "talked" about what to do. Then they came out an handed me a phone to speak to someone at customer Solutions, this call was disconnected. I then spoke to someone with delivery who couldn't help with this problem. The managers in the stores couldn't do anything to authorize an exchange (for a more expensive oven...which would mean more money to sears).

I was then given a phone number to call for customer solutions.....which I have called and explained the situation 4 times, sat on hold each time for at least 20 minutes to be disconnected. I have been transferred from customer solutions, to in store experience, to online sales , to in home delivery (again) back and was disconnected again. I called back for the 6th time and told the story again to be told I have to call another number tomorrow.....because everyone is now closed.

SERIOUSLY??????? I would think they would gladly exchange this oven to have me purchase a more expensive one??? Go figure. I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER purchase from Sears again!!!!!1

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. mepate is quite happy with sales associate and stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service or installation service and no one could help. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of sears customer care. Sears needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned sears customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Sears.