2.0
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I have been a sears shopper for longer than A LOT of you folks have been Alive. I'm 72 years old and Sears Robuck gave me my first credit card when I was an older teen.

I've stuck with the company for MORE THAN 50 YEARS. I can't say I've never had a problem but it seemed that the people at sears used to be willing to do whatever was needed to take care of a problem. I have a whole house agreement with sears (Cross Country) and have had a couple of minor things taken care of in the last few years. NOW however I have had a broken refrigerator since around Nov 20th 2017, it is now Feb 2018.

That means Thanks giving, Christmas, New Years, and today is the Super Bowl! I have tried everything humanly possible to try and get them to live up to their agreement but to no avail. I talk to them on the phone about once a week and nothing happens. When I had the audacity to suggest to one woman that she might not understand what it was like to wait over a month to get a product repaired she became very abrasive with a "you don't know me" attitude.

Attitude is something else that doesn't seem to be rare at the company. In addition to that the Company that Sears hires locally to do the work ALSO has a 1 star rating. and Sears DOES continue to bill me every month. Finally!

AND THIS IS THE BEST PART! If you tell them you may call a lawyer they ,will refuse to help you further, And the local company? If you complain to the BBB, they will REFUSE to complete your repairs.

(I mean why would we waste our time if you don't like our service!!) Well the good news is that we can continue to sell the stock short or buy out of the money puts. Perhaps we can get some of our money back.

Review about: Sears Home Services Homeowners Policy Claim.

Preferred solution: FIX THE REFRIGERATOR! AND REFUND THE MONEY I HAVE SPENT ON THIS CONTRACT!.

I didn't like: Useless service contract, Service or the quality.

Comments

WORSE THAN COMCAST!! So I finally got the refrigerator fixed..

The service company TECHNICAL APPLIANCES GROUP charged me $209.00 (+ the 75.00 dollar service call) they claim that the part was structural, That is BS I watched the man change it and it WAS difficult, that's why I think they didn't want to do it. The servicer NEVER contacted me at all after many promises to "have someone call you back" I called sears and explained for the umpteenth time that the company was not contacting me, and when I called them, said the parts never came. She pulled the shipping info and even saw who signed for the parts, but agreed to re-ship them while telling me that one of the parts would not be covered. And to call tech again for a price.

I agreed to pay for the part, and two weeks later my fridge was fixed.

If there is a more misleading and difficult to deal with company in any sort of business anywhere, I've never heard of them. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, NEVER EVER CALL Technical Appliance Group!!