Layout of Store

My heating element and thermostat went out in my Kenmore dryer so I took the parts to a local Sears to replace it in NOVEMEBER 2017! The customer service agent ordered the parts for me and I paid cash at the reguster.

The ordered parts were the wrong parts so I tried to return it to the store and this was the beginning of an ongoing stressful battle to receive my refund. The manager advised me that I could NOT return the parts to the store and to contact the parts department online to begin the return process in which I did. The online agent advised me to take the parts, along with the shipping label, to a near by UPS Store. Once I arrived there, they informed me that I would have to pay the return shipping fee because Sears did NOT provide me with the correct shipping label.

I contacted Sears online(parts sept.) again and they informed me that they could not provide with a shipping label, however, they would have UPS to pick up the parts from my home in 3-5 business days and would then process my return once it was received. Sears received my returns parts on Dec.11, 2017 and I was contacted by email advising me of this. I called Sears online to check on the satus of my return only to be told that no one started the return process for my refund and to allow 7-10 business days to receive a check by mail because I paid cash in the store. I waited the allotted time and still No Check!

I contacted Sears online again and they said they would contact the processing department and someone would contact me by phone or email concerning my $68.69 refund in 7-10 business days. Once again I did not receive a check by mail so I called in again. I was given the same excuses so I asked if I could speak to a manager about receiving my refund on my debit card instead of a mailed check. The agent took my credit card infomrmatin and advised me that I would receive a deposit with in 3-5 business days.

After waiting those days I called my bank to check on the deposit but there want one from Sears. I contacted Sears again, 1/20/18 and they said a refunded was processed and received in which it was not! I was able to speak to a manger in which she stated that they could not issue my refund to my bank card because I paid cash and she would caontact the processing department and be in touch with me on that fowllowing Monday. I did not receive a call from her so called again only to be told to wait another 7-10 to receive a check through the mail.

It is now 2/17/18 and I have YET to receive a refund.

I called again on yesterday and was told a supervisors would call me within an hour, which no one did, and to allow 1 business day for the processing department to call me back. I WILL NEVER EVER AGAIN IN LIFE PURCAHSE ANYTHING FROM SEARS!

Review about: Sears Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

Contact your local news media and the bbb. Your news probably has a segiment on consumer fraud, those that use it get fast results. Rochester NY