3.2
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Ordered a hot water heater LAST SUNDAY, February 26th with delivery ONLY ((no installation needed) guaranteed on Wednesday, March 1st. When they didn't call with a 2-hour delivery window on Tuesday night, the *** began.

CUSTOMER SERVICE?? Perhaps hot water isn't as important in The Philippines or wherever their "Customer Service" is located but after being disconnected multiple times, their inability to find the order even with the order number, I reached out to JAMES POLITESKI, the Sears VP of Appliances in the corporate office via 3 emails and, hold on..I know you'll be shocked. CRICKETS. Nothing.

No response whatsoever and I gave them till 12 noon Pacific Time Yesterday. For a company that was once great, I understand why they are going under. Here's the email I sent at 4:53am pacific time yesterday with names removed. Mr.

Politeski, I ordered a hot water heater on Sunday, February 26th, 2017 for my sister and brother in law whose hot water heater went belly-up that morning. I have confirmation that the hot water heater would be delivered YESTERDAY, Wednesday, March 1, 2017. You blew it. Not only did they NOT call the night before of which the order and the information given to me said would happen, my sister had to deal with some know-nothing “customer service” reps, I’m guessing in the Philippines where perhaps hot water isn’t quite as critical as it is here.

First, they couldn’t even find the order and when they finally did (I mean, she had the order number for god’s sake), they said it couldn’t be delivered until MONDAY, March 6th. UNACCEPTABLE. I was texting my sister while in the middle of an important meeting myself telling her to tell them to bump some other person who ordered after I did and get the *** thing delivered TODAY. Well, that didn’t happen and now it is supposedly scheduled to be delivered tomorrow between 7am-9pm.

My sister's installer whom they had already booked is leaving first thing Saturday morning to go back East for a week. So your company’s error has exponentially compounded the problem of them still not having hot water despite a guarantee of delivery yesterday. Under separate cover, I am sending the order which you are welcome to click on and see the delivery date as I scheduled it (it was the FIRST available delivery date, by the way.) I expect there to be recompense in the form of an upgraded low nox 40 gallon water heater and/or the 6 year in home service agreement that I also purchased be sent back to me in the form of a check so I can pay for someone else to get out there and get the unit installed. It is 4:45am my time and I have been at work since 3:30am.

That is my normal time of arrival. As my email is publicly available, unlike yours, and my company is MUCH larger than Sears is, it infuriates me that I have to go through this most likely pointless exercise to try and reach you. I will expect a reply by 12 noon Pacific telling me what you are going to do to make this right. If not, Sear’s doesn’t need any more negative reviews but I am a social media fanatic and believe me when I say I will be posting many, many reviews about this incident if it is not made right.

You may also notice my title. I am in charge of affiliate sales and customer service here and if one of my customers was treated the way my sister and brother in law were treated, someone’s head would roll or, at the very least, they would be written up and I would have already interjected myself into the situation to make it right with the customer. I guess that’s why I’ve been doing this for 34 years. Make this right TODAY, please.

There is no other option. And I’m forwarding the order to you next.

Review about: Sears Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Total failure on every front..

Preferred solution: Upgrade the water heater AND give me the 6 year in home warranty for free which I purchased.

Comments