3333 Bristol St, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, USA
1.8

I have always bought Craftsman tools because of the warranty. Over the years, they started limiting how many tools you could exchange and would give you *** rebuilt tools instead of new ones. Usually, once they see how dissatisfied I am, they help me out.

Yesterday, I went to the Sears in Santa Ana, CA to exchange 13 hand tools. The last time I was there, about 2 years ago, they had a 12 tool limit. Now, they have a 5 tool limit. So, I can buy thousands of dollars of tools but I can't exchange more than 5 tools at a time. I then have to drive through Orange County, CA traffic for this.

The rude GM told me I was lying about the 12 tool limit. That didn't go well. She said she had worked for Sears for 30 years and new what the warranty was. She was as rude and overbearing as she could be and was absolutely lying about the past.

If Sears is not going to stand by their warranty, I will never buy anything from store. No wonder they are going out of business.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Customer Care.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Stand by your warranty and fire that Rude, Lying GM.

Sears Cons: Warranty service - sucks, Warranty policy is horrible.

Comments