With Company response

I purchased a torque wrench model 167922 many years ago with a lifetime warranty, now the handle slides back and forth so you can not make adjustments. All my craftsman tools are for personal use only. I took it to my local Sears outlet and was told there is only a 90 day warranty now if I have the receipt. Since item was purchased over ten years ago and I was told as with all my craftsman tools just return it to and Sears store if there are any problems nothing was kept. I called your customer service and was hung up on four times trying to get to tools then when I did get through again I was told only the store could honor the warranty. I tried calling your National number but could not get through only got sales pitch. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of your tools for myself relatives and friends because of warranty now you will not honor same. NO MORE FROM ME! EVEN IF A REGULAR RATCHET GOES BAD YOU DO NOT REPLACE IT ONLY GIVE REPAIR PARTS I HAVE TO INSTALL. I have always been told any craftsman hand tool that is damaged just bring in for replacement now this is not true. I purchased a lifetime warranty car battery from sears over 25 years ago and when it went bad you no longer had item available only a 6 year warranty so I was out them also. I will be in the same boat again buy a lifetime item, you quit making and I am out! This stinks!

Ricky Webber

43086 Labella Lane

Big Arm, Mt. 59910

rpwj@hotmail.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Sears Repair.

Company wrote 1 public responses to the review from Aug 06, 2013.

Comments

SearsCares
Sears Response

Dear Anonymous,

My name is Edwin and I work with the Sears Social Media Escalations team. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the level of customer service retendered when you reached out for assistance in reference to your torque wrench. It would be our pleasure to speak to you to and provide you any assistance in this matter. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Anonymous436755), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward hearing from you soon.

Edwin C.